Rachael Loucks kicks off 30 in 30! to benefit MIFFS and the Women’s Center of Greater Lansing
posted on June 2, 2014 3:36pm
Rachael Loucks has a big dream, a big goal, and a really big heart.
To celebrate her 30th birthday, she is challenging herself to raise $30,000 in 30 days for Michigan Food & Farming Systems (MIFFS) and the Women’s Center of Greater Lansing and collecting stories about overcoming life’s obstacles to inspire others.
The “30 in 30!” campaign kicked off on June 1 and ends June 30, and there are many ways to get involved and to help Rachael reach her goal, from sharing her story on social media to becoming an Empowerment Investor to creating your own social fundraising page to share with your friends and raise money.
Read Rachael’s blog post below to learn more about this endeavor and to find out how to get involved.
- Become a $30 Empowerment Investor
- Share with friends and family on Facebook & Twitter
- Use the #30in30 to show your support
- Challenge your favorite business to set-up a collection jar
- Share your story of overcoming a life obstacle
- Can you think of anything else? Get Creative!
- What hurdles have you overcome to get where you are today? Language, divorce, education, death of a loved one?
- Why farming? What draws you to it and why do you stick with it?
- What is your definition of a farmer?
- How has farming changed?
- What is your relationship to food?
- Are there any women in your life who have had a significant impact on you?