2009 Michigan Family Farms Conference!
“New Opportunities, Sustaining Local Agriculture for the Future”
Download the brochure!
Date: Saturday, January 17, 2009
Location: Lakeview High School, Battle Creek, MI. Map it!
Keynote Speaker: Wayne Keith, an Alabama farmer, innovator and energy guru
See the brochure for detailed session descriptions and speakers
- Crop Insurance Products
- Vegetable Production Basics: Crop Selection
- Farm Energy Savings Checklist
- How to Sell at a Farmers Market
- Farm Bill: USDA Farm Service Agency
- Learning to be Certified Organic
- Agriculture Loans
- Vegetable Production Basics: Scheduling and Planning
- Selling to a Grocery Store
- Farm Bill: Marketing and Specialty Crops
- Farm Bill: USDA Rural Development
- Farm to School
- What is my Woodlot Worth?
- Vegetable Production Basics: Plant and Soil Health
- Preparing to Sell: Business Aspects and Legal Requirements
- Farm Bill: USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
More than 275 people interested in sustainable agriculture, family farms and new opportunities to help farmers connect to resources, network and improve their operations attended the conference!
Thanks to our partners and sponsors who make this conference possible: Michigan Food & Farming Systems (MIFFS), the Farm Research Cooperative, USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA), USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), USDA Rural Development (RD), Potawatomi Resource Conservation & Development Council (RC&D), the C.S. Mott Chair of Sustainable Agriculture, SARE (Sustainable Agriculture Research & Education), GreenStone Farm Service, Coernerstone Ag Enterprises, LLC, the Michigan SARE Professional Development Program, Morgan Composting, Inc., Organic Valley Family of Farms, Michigan State University Extension - Calhoun County, the Calhoun Conservation District, and the USDA Risk Management Agency (RMA).
Download the brochure...
See the Save the Date card...
Read the latest Press Release
Check out 2008 session presentations...
Read about previous years...